The Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUI) course teaches you how to implement Cisco® Data Center automated solutions including programming concepts, orchestration, and automation tools.
Through a combination of lessons and hands-on practice, you will manage the tools and learn the benefits of programmability and automation in the Cisco-powered Data Center. You will examine Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI®), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) for data center and cloud networks, Cisco Nexus® (Cisco NX-OS) platforms for device-centric automation, and Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS®) for Data Center compute.
This course prepares you for the 300-635 Automating Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUTO) certification exam.
This course will help you:
- Gain high-demand knowledge and skills in modern programming language to create powerful APIs that enhance network functioning
- Prepare for the 300-635 DCAUTO exam
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Review Cisco ACI fundamental concepts and GUI workflows, and create the case for implementing automation
- Introduce the Cisco ACI REST API, the tools already available on the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC), and understand basic API interaction using Postman
- Understand the functionality provided by the Python ACI libraries and write scripts that apply configuration and verify state on the Cisco ACI fabric
- Understand Cisco ACI Ansible modules, build playbooks that apply Infrastructure-as-Code concepts to Cisco ACI tenant configuration, and generate a health report using Ansible
- Understand Cisco ACI Apps Center integration and the benefits of integrating Kubernetes infrastructure with Cisco ACI
- Understand the API types and capabilities available on Cisco Nexus product family
- Understand Day 0 operations and how Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP), PowerOn Auto Provisioning (POAP), and enhanced Pre-boot eXecution Environment (iPXE) fulfill these goals with their respective tooling
- Understand functionality provided by the on-box tooling on the Cisco Nexus series switches and implement simple solutions to improve daily operation
- Use Python and Ansible to leverage the NX-API to implement and verify configuration state using modern workflows
- Understand the paradigm shift of Model-Driven Telemetry and explore a fully set up pipeline for data collection and analysis
- Understand the Cisco UCS developer tools and implement management workflows leveraging Cisco UCS APIs, Python, and Ansible modules
- Leverage Cisco UCS Director APIs to manage infrastructure using Postman and Python scripts
- Review Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) product capabilities and understand how its API can be beneficial to automating the Cisco Data Center
- Understand the advantages of using Cisco Intersight™ and how to implement automation tasks using its REST APIs via Python and Ansible