Diagnose problems, gather information, and fix common issues with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course (RH342) provides system administrators with the tools and techniques they need to successfully diagnose, and fix, a variety of potential issues. Students will work through hands-on problems in various subsystems to diagnose and fix common issues.
Students will learn how to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. This approach is then used troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course students can complete various comprehensive review labs to test their skills.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to prevent costly downtime due to system failure and quickly recover failed systems using analysis, diagnosis, and troubleshooting.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to leverage the software development life-cycle process to plan, create, test, and provision host systems within an organization.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Installation of Red Hat Satellite 6
- Software life-cycle management of software used to provision and maintain configured hosts within a controlled production environment
- The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course is aimed at senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
Este curso e-learning inclui
- Conteúdos disponíveis 24/7
- E-book e Hands-on Lab
- O curso oficial Red Hat em e-learning tem a duração de 90 dias. No entanto, de forma a alcançar melhores resultados na aprendizagem, a GALILEU aconselha a realização do curso em 60 dias. Para tal, o formando irá contar com:
- Sessões de apoio GALILEU em formato síncrono (online em tempo real)
- 1 sessão de Kick Off de 1h para apresentação da plataforma de e-learning em que decorre o curso e esclarecimento de dúvidas sobre a mesma
- 1 sessão de Q&A de 3h que ocorre ao fim dos 60 dias do curso
- Introduction to troubleshooting
- Take proactive steps to prevent small issues
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify hardware issues
- Troubleshoot storage issues
- Troubleshoot RPM issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Troubleshoot application issues
- Deal with security issues
- Troubleshoot kernel issues
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting comprehensive review
Introduction to troubleshooting
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
Take proactive steps to prevent small issues
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system’s ability to boot.
Identify hardware issues
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
Troubleshoot storage issues
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
Troubleshoot RPM issues
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
Troubleshoot network issues
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
Troubleshoot application issues
- Debug application issues.
Deal with security issues
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
Troubleshoot kernel issues
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.