Get Started with Microsoft Data Analytics
This module explores the different roles in the data space, outlines the important roles and responsibilities of a Data Analysts, and then explores the landscape of the Power BI portfolio.
- Data Analytics and Microsoft
- Getting Started with Power BI
Lab : Getting Started in Power BI Desktop
Prepare Data in Power BI
This module explores identifying and retrieving data from various data sources. You will also learn the options for connectivity and data storage and understand the difference and performance implications of connecting directly to data vs. importing it.
- Get data from various data sources
Lab : Preparing Data in Power BI Desktop
Clean, Transform, and Load Data in Power BI
This module teaches you the process of profiling and understanding the condition of the data. They will learn how to identify anomalies, look at the size and shape of their data, and perform the proper data cleaning and transforming steps to prepare the data for loading into the model.
- Data shaping
- Enhance the data structure
- Data Profiling
Lab : Transforming and Loading Data in Power BI Desktop
Design a Data Model in Power BI
This module teaches the fundamental concepts of designing and developing a data model for proper performance and scalability. This module will also help you understand and tackle many of the common data modeling issues, including relationships, security, and performance.
- Introduction to data modeling
- Working with tables
- Dimensions and Hierarchies
Lab : Data Modeling in Power BI Desktop
- Create Model Relationships
- Configure Tables
- Review the model interface
- Create Quick Measures
Lab : Advanced Data Modeling in Power BI Desktop
- Configure many-to-many relationships
- Enforce row-level security
Create Model Calculations using DAX in Power BI
This module introduces you to the world of DAX and its true power for enhancing a model. You will learn about aggregations and the concepts of Measures, calculated columns and tables, and Time Intelligence functions to solve calculation and data analysis problems.
- Introduction to DAX
- DAX context
- Advanced DAX
Lab : Advanced DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Use the CALCULATE() function to manipulate filter context
- Use Time Intelligence functions
Lab : Introduction to DAX in Power BI Desktop
- Create calculated tables
- Create calculated columns
- Create measures
Optimize Model Performance in Power BI
In this module you are introduced to steps, processes, concepts, and data modeling best practices necessary to optimize a data model for enterprise-level performance.
- Optimze the model for performance
- Optimize DirectQuery Models
- Create and manage Aggregations
Create Reports in Power BI
This module introduces you to the fundamental concepts and principles of designing and building a report, including selecting the correct visuals, designing a page layout, and applying basic but critical functionality. The important topic of designing for accessibility is also covered.
- Design a report
- Enhance the report
Lab : Designing a report in Power BI Desktop
- Create a live connection in Power BI Desktop
- Design a report
- Configure visual fields and format properties
Lab : Enhancing reports with interaction and formatting in Power BI Desktop
- Create and configure Sync Slicers
- Create a drillthrough page
- Apply conditional formatting
- Create and use Bookmarks
Create Dashboards in Power BI
In this module you will learn how to tell a compelling story through the use of dashboards and the different navigation tools available to provide navigation. You will be introduced to features and functionality and how to enhance dashboards for usability and insights.
- Create a Dashboard
- Real-time Dashboards
- Enhance a Dashboard
Lab : Creating a Dashboard in Power BI Service
- Create a Dashboard
- Pin visuals to a Dashboard
- Configure a Dashboard tile alert
- Use Q&A to create a dashboard tile
Enhance reports for usability and storytelling in Power BI
This module will teach you about paginated reports, including what they are how they fit into Power BI. You will then learn how to build and publish a report.
- Paginated report overview
- Create Paginated reports
Lab : Creating a Paginated report in Power BI Desktop
- Use Power BI Report Builder
- Design a multi-page report layout
- Define a data source
- Define a dataset
- Create a report parameter
- Export a report to PDF
Perform Advanced Analytics in Power BI
This module helps you apply additional features to enhance the report for analytical insights in the data, equipping you with the steps to use the report for actual data analysis. You will also perform advanced analytics using AI visuals on the report for even deeper and meaningful data insights.
- Advanced Analytics
- Data Insights through AI visuals
Lab : Data Analysis in Power BI Desktop
- Create animated scatter charts
- Use the visual to forecast values
- Work with Decomposition Tree visual
- Work with the Key Influencers visual
Manage Datasets in Power BI
In this module you will learn the concepts of managing Power BI assets, including datasets and workspaces. You will also publish datasets to the Power BI service, then refresh and secure them.
- Security in Power BI
Create and Manage Workspaces in Power BI
This module will introduce you to Workspaces, including how to create and manage them. You will also learn how to share content, including reports and dashboards, and then learn how to distribute an App.
- Creating Workspaces
- Sharing and Managing Assets
Lab : Publishing and Sharing Power BI Content
- Map security principals to dataset roles
- Share a dashboard
- Publish an App